Chenoweth History - 1860 Census
[Master Site Menu]
Missing:  
This is a list of the male Chenoweths in the family of John Chenoweth and Mary Calvert that we have not found (and believe we still might) in the 1860 Census. If you have any insight to where they are, or can find any of them, you help would sure be appreciated.
You can reach me, Jon Egge, by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LINE OF JOHN(2)
- Marshall - married w/2 daughters s/b in Randolph Co., WV
- Edwin Duncun & Family may be on the way to Kansas from WV
- James William Chenoweth (age 13) & mother Sarah Shoemaker last seen in Pike Co. - may be in MO
- Andrew Fairleigh (single age 42) - never found till he shows up in California in 1870
- Miles hart, Jr. (single age 42) - never found till he shows up in California in 1870
- Halsey White (age 5) - father is listed with parents in Pike Co., IL but Abraham Birkheads family not found may be in MO
- family of Elias Birdine, s/b in Fulton Co., IL
- Elias (b: 1817) & wife last seen in Perry Co., OH in 1840
- John Thomas s/o Nicholas Ruxton never found after 1820
- James Frances (& family) s/o Thomas last seen in Botetourt Co., VA in 1820, believed to be in Greenup Co., KY in 1820
- Thomas John (age 26) will marry in KY in 1867 (Mason Co.) father is living there (single)
- Thomas age 16 s/o Alfred W. s/b in Missouri - maybe be the same a james
- John Henry, married, doctor & family s/b in Jefferson Co., KY
- Morton L., recently married in Clark Co., IL
- Havilah A. & family should be in Indiana (Illinois?) - remarried in Johnson Co., IN in 1859
- William Newton Chenoweth (single) s/b in Indiana will marry there in 1865
LINE OF RICHARD(2)
- William Douglas, single will married in Arkansas in 1861
- Osmund last seen in California in 1850 is in Arkansas in 1870
- John A. 'Gus' - never seen until 1870 in Arizona
- family of Washingtom Chenoweth, last seen Hartford Co., MD - 1850, widow is there in 1880
LINE OF ARTHUR(2)
- JOhn M. s/o William Bond, never seen until 1900 s/ in Cincinnati
- Francis Asbury (single) will enlist in Civil War.
- family of Edwin Milton s/b in Randolph Co., IN
- Charles E. s/o Richard Belt age 18 should be in Baltimore Co. died in obit in 1869?
- Ferdinand single, 15 will marry in 1874 in Baltimore
- Benjamin Thomas & Family s/b in Baltimore Co.
- John s/o Arthur age 30 last seen in 1850
- John m: Catherine Rizer & family last seen IA, will be in CA in 1870
- Richard m: Jane Hough & family s/b in Illinois, will go to TN
- Hamilton J. D & family s/b Massachuseets? seen 1850 and again in 1880
- children of Oliver Buckman last seen 1850 s/b in Baltimore Co.
- William (age 39), widowed in 1856, with daughter Laura s/o in Baltimore Co.
- Richard Turner not listed with family of Horace at age 9 maybe an ommission
- William s/o George, age 12, will marry in Baltimore in 1869
LINE OF WILLIAM(2)
- Joseph s/o Joshua (per Rosella, dies 1889?) is this the Joseph who married and Eliza and is misplace? - never seen in a census
- John s/o Thomas b: 1814 last seen 1850 in Clarke Co. dies 1869? Franklin Co.?
- Jacob m: Mary A. Pritchard & family in Greene Co in 1850 and Warren in 1870
- John m: Elizabeth Lincoln & family s/b Warren Co.
- Absolom, Jr., age 37, single, s/b Warren Co., OH
- John age 71, widowed s/o Warren Co., Oh dies 1862
- John, age 21, Ison's son may be John who married Chrintina Hall
- John, s/o James Walton by 1st wife, age 6, not with father?
- Isaac Jackson age 26, single will marry in Iowa in 1865
LINE OF THOMAS(2)
- Benjamin m: Rosannah Ludlow do not have Census for Wisconsin s/b Gren Co
- James Foster & family s/b Texas
- Absolum Loraine, married June 1860 s/b Ross Co.
- Isaac N., age 34, will marry in 1862 in Henry Co., IN, went to gold fields in 1850
- Edward, s/o George, single?, will be in Texas in 1870, brother is in MO
- Arthur, s/o Hiram 26 single will marry in 1864 in Tippevcanoe Co., IN
- John, s/o Hiram last seen in 1850 in Benton Co., IL may be the John Wesley in Piatt Co., IL
- David McElwain, age 22 will marri in 1862 in Morgan Co., IL
- Hiram L., age 33, last seen in Missori in 1850 - never seen again, maybe dead?
- Samuel, age 25, last seen in Missori in 1850 will fight in Civil War
- Richard Addison, age 1, not in 1860 Census, either birth is off 1 year or he was skipped
- Thomas D., single age 28, will marry in Warren Co., IN in 1864
- Wilbur Fisk, Rossiter Rowley 'Ross' - parents dead, age 17 & 7 not found.
- Somerville 'Samuel' by 1st wife of Francis, never found until 1870 in New Mexico
- William Preston not in Census with parents may have died young
- Thomas age 47, last seen 1840, never found in Census
- John F. age 38, will died in Civil War, should be in Madison Co., OH
- John W. age 14, not with father (IL), mother died Ohio, will show up in Illinois
- John W., family of Samuel B. not found in Darke Co.
- family of Abraham C. not found s/b Pike Co., OH - Harris says he is there
Copyright c 2003-2004 by Jon D. Egge. Any republication of this page material for personal use requires inclusion of this copyright. Any other republication of this page material requires the express consent of the author.